Infrastructure Engineer - SME (Berkshire)
My client is a rapidly expanding SME that provides managed services to businesses across multiple sectors. Due to business growth, they are looking to recruit a dedicated infrastructure engineer to deliver IT services to support internal customers and the infrastructure (Cloud and On-premise). You will need to have a strong background in the MS stack including networking, virtualisation and experience with Azure as you will be required to on-board customers. You will be responsible for the strategy and day to day running of the IT Infrastructure.
The day to day of the role will involve a variety of tasks including:
• Maintain infrastructure (physical and virtual)
• Support the CSP Infrastructure
• Support self-service capabilities of Infrastructure (on-premises and Cloud) through automation
• Work with the support team and provide advice and guidance on technical issues
• Manage and deploy company web applications
• Configuration of company hardware including desktops and company laptops
• Share knowledge and mentor junior staff
• Windows Server & Desktop Administration
• Hyper V / Virtualisation
• Strong Networking skills including Firewalls, VPNs and knowledge of load balancing tech
• Knowledge of Azure – IaaS, PaaS and SaaS
• Excellent communication skills, ability to explain technical issues to non-technical people.
• Team orientated and able to collaborate with other teams to deliver services
• Commitment to the role and self-development
• Linux Server skills
• VSTS or Git skills
• Experience working for a Microsoft CSP
• PowerShell skills
• Cisco networking experience
• Office 365 management
My client invests in technical development, supporting employees through their Microsoft Certifications (MCSA & MCSE) with time to study and the cost of the examinations.
The role is suitable for someone ready to take the next step in their career and grow and develop their responsibility.
If this sounds like you, please contact Anthony Ham @ Franklin Fitch on 02921 167771 or email firstname.lastname@example.org