Senior Software Engineer - Basingstoke
My client is a leading edge telephony company with over a decades worth of experience. The company specialises in robust, reliable hosted services packed full of the latest features.
With a proven track record my client has a reputation for fast, friendly and accurate support. Their systems are constantly monitored and regularly updated with resilient architecture spanning multiple data centres.
Due to their ongoing success and growth they’re looking to expand the development team and are happy to invite applicants from senior developers with a real passion for technology, programming and software development.
Ideally based in Basingstoke you will join the development team currently geographically diverse and familiar with remote collaborative working.
Salary for the role will be competitive and benefits package commensurate with experience along with genuine career progression.
Key areas of responsibility including:
• You need to possess and demonstrate the ability and motivation to become a technical subject matter champion who can gain the trust and respect of the business
• Design, develop, and test new and existing software aligned to the product roadmap meeting the changing needs of our key markets
• Produce and maintain detailed documentation
• Facilitate root cause analysis of system issues
• Identify ideas to improve system performance and impact availability
Essential /Desirable Software Skills and Experience
• Extensive C, C++ and Python development experience with a demonstrable record of delivery (min 5 years)
• Proficiency in MySQL database design and access, specifically from a C/C++ environment is also fundamentally important
• Excellent knowledge of Linux OS including ability to script with bash, shell, Python is essential
• Real-time, multi-threading development experience, ideally in producing asynchronous communications products / solutions
• An understanding of data caching options in a Linux environment is required with demonstrable practical application of such options
• Use of communications protocols such as SIP / RTP would be preferred, as would experience of generic template libraries such as STL
• Understanding and use of version control systems e.g. CVS
• Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities with excellent design principles
• Strong organisational skills to manage a varied workload in a fast-paced, demanding environment
• Ability to identify / understand core concepts underpinning white label product development
• Tenacious personality as problems can be complex and involved
• High attention to detail with a passion for accuracy
• Good communication with the ability to put a point across clearly both verbally and in writing
• Confident personality, prepared to be innovative and lead changes to processes, seeking continual efficiencies
• Professional attitude
• Completer finisher, able to take a task and follow it to the end without close supervision
• Team player
• Possess a natural initiative and pro-activeness, with a flexible mind and attitude together with the ability to communicate complex issues and solutions to technical and non-technical stakeholders
If you are interested in this position please get in contact with Martin Roberts on 02921167772 or email firstname.lastname@example.org