Network Operations Engineer
We have an opportunity for a Network Operations Engineer to work within the financial industry in Manhattan.
Working within the Network Ops team, the purpose of the role is providing support to the company’s low latency network service, market data service and engineered solutions for both internal and external customers.
Responsibilities will include;
• Work closely with internal and external customers to work through issues.
• Ensure stability of all network services.
• Monitor network and datacenter infrastructure using real-time data.
• Troubleshoot and escalate any outages or issues that may arise.
• Manage circuits, cross-connects, internet access and VPN’s.
• Conduct necessary technical, network and system documentation.
• Conduct system, network and environmental checkouts and guarantee their delivery to customers.
• Identify opportunities to improve monitoring, data integrity and site security.
• Develop broad knowledge and understanding of underlying network standards and protocols.
• Provide ongoing support to ensure that the company infrastructure services are running to peak performance.
• Use scripts and automation tools to support deployments.
• Perform network infrastructure changes.
• Perform installation of network hardware and software.
Education and skills;
• 5 years’ experience working within an ISP environment or NOC.
• Experience with Juniper, Arista and / or CISCO hardware and software.
• CCNP Certified of equivalent level of knowledge.
• Advanced deployment and troubleshooting experience including, Firewalls, Multicast routing and route tagging.
• Experience in BASH or Python
This is a full-time, office-based position with minimal travel required. If you have the background and skills that we are looking for, please apply by forwarding a copy of your resume.